Tonnuea Cover Rubber Plug

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb Hendry

Reaction score
I am brand new here. I purchased a 2005 Sport Trac XLT Adrenalin on 4/20/06 w/ 6.5K miles on it. I love this truck!!!!! Anyway, my question is regarding the rubber plug that attaches above the rear key box of the Tonneau Cover. This plug has a rubber connection that is secured on the tab that attaches this to the cover itself. This was connection was torn and it was no longer secured to the housing. I have sewn the loop closed and want to re-attach this connection to avoid losing the plug. Does anyone have an idea of how these fasteners come off and whether on not I will need a new ones to reattach or if I will be able to reuse this fastener???

Thanks in advance.

Caleb

I'm new here as well but I did see a project about the tonneau cover lock repair, this should help you out. I'll try to post a link but if this doesn't work just go to projects then find the link to cargo bed on top then find the lock repair project. good luck.

Ed