Tool Box Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went to wally world and got this for

~$45, chained it to the tie downs, works great...

[Broken External Image]:

I built a frame out of 2x4's for mine. Plastic box I got at Home Depot.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Note: 4x2 = 2wd truck. 2x4 = piece of wood. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
TomT, wouldn't those side-saddle style toolboxes have to sit on the rear side of each wheel well, and thus interfer with the use of the bed extender? Just asking to see if you considered that; or maybe that isn't an issue for you.

TJR

Whit, a traitor ::cough cough:: I meant former ST owner Josh L had a metal toolbox that was made for the dimensions of our ST beds. He, I guess, knows a guy at a shop that sells them because I considered having him get me one a while back.

He goes by the member name Mud Flap now and drives a Tundra ::cough:: traitor ::cough:: I'm sure he'll chime in with the details and pictures.

disclaimer - Josh, you know I'm just pickin' at ya! Sorry about the IM the other night! Scott and I had to leave for my parents quickly and I forgot about ya!!! Sorry!

I have the bed extender....I just take off when not needed...here is my box..

[Broken External Image]:

I havent yet..what Iam working on is my brother is getting me some thin alluminum plate from his job, cut to the inside bottom and sidewall, for support...I will bolt it and use large fender washers on the composite bed side, so the bolts dont pull through the bed..

The bed extender will still work, you have to leave it out when not needed..

This is the 16" tall box..they make 20", but it would be to tall for a bed cover, which I also have yet to install...Man I have been lazy latley...:lol:

Depends what you need. In my case I need to take the toolbox out frequently because I fill the bed with ladders and other junk.

Whit--

a local ST owner here has a black metal tool box, so I know they are available somewhere... check a local truck accessories store and see if they can get you one...

Latest posts