tool box

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have any "Big Lots" stores around you. They have a heavy duty foot locker for $22. It is made from composite material. It will fit under the bed cover and between the wheel wells. Lockable has wheels on one end and a colaspable handle.

I have been debating on one myself. Sometimes when I travel to do some mechanis work for Mom and others. It would be muuch handier for all the tools, jack stands, etc. As it is I use boxes. I can put it all in the foot locker and roll it around.

I recently replaced my plastic kobalt toolbox (about 24"x12") that fit perfectly between the wheel well and the back of the bed. It also worked great with the ribs in the floor so it never moved. Unfortunately I broke the latch off and replaced it with a step stool toolbox from lowes. I really like both although the new toolbox sits between the back of the bed and the wheel well.

the BIG $$ solution is find a good, locking, aluminum diamond plate, toolbox. Then go to a marine canvas shop and have a soft cover made to go over the remaining bed. One were it will snap to the toolbox. Plus being marine type canvas, its water repellent, comes in many different colors to suit your taste. JMO, Bob

Except you cant lock those. I used to have a snap on cover on my bed but got a try folding cover so I can lock my bed and keep my tools, etc in there.

Well I talked myself into it. I bought the one for $22 at, Big Lots.

Made very good for the price.

Mine is for temporary use only. I wont be leaving it in the bed. I have a roll-up cover by truxedo. Industrial velcro on the sides with a inside latch. At the rear.

I would prefer something that fits under the stock folding cover bc I want to keep that cover to lock my bed area bc I will have chains tow straps snag ropes u know all the good stuff :grin: and would not like it to be stolen. I have a tuff box in the back now but it won't fit under the stock folding top and it does not fit the width of the bed so there is wasted space I could be using with a bigger tool box. How are y'all securing these boxes down and once more any ideas on one that fits under a folding top.

I would prefer something that fits under the stock folding cover bc I want to keep that cover to lock my bed area bc I will have chains tow straps snag ropes u know all the good stuff :grin: and would not like it to be stolen. I have a tuff box in the back now but it won't fit under the stock folding top and it does not fit the width of the bed so there is wasted space I could be using with a bigger tool box. How are y'all securing these boxes down and once more any ideas on one that fits under a folding top.

Latest posts