Top 10 Most Appealing Vehicles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
According to J.D. Power:

Top 10 Most Appealing Vehicles -

1. 2006 Porsche Cayman

2. 2006 BMW 7 Series

3. 2006 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

4. 2006 Lexus IS 250/IS 350

5. 2006 Infiniti QX56

6. 2006 Nissan Armada

7. 2006 Scion tC

8. 2006 Mini Cooper

9. 2006 Lexus GX 470

10. 2006 Infiniti M-Series

Hmmm....can't say as I agree with them on alot of them, but still very interesting.[Broken External Image]: Then again, I haven't exactly been able to try them all out either.[Broken External Image]:

I agree with the Mini Cooper, but these should have been on the list too:

[Broken External Image]:

Mazda RX-8

[Broken External Image]:

Lotus Elise

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh....cause they are Fords? After the death of the GT, Ford doesn't really make a "must have car". The Shelby GT500 is appealing to s certian subset, specifically Mustang guys and power junkies.

On that list, 4 are German (I'm counting the Mini Cooper as German, the name and heritage may be British, but the new car is all German), including the top three. The rest are all Japanese. Prices range from the sub $20K (Mini, tC) to near $100K+ (SL [600, 65], 7), which is interesting. Also nice to see a range of cars in different stages of their model's life. The Cayman is new, the SL styling is old, as is the Cooper and tC, some other are newly refreshed: 7, M, IS, etc.

One Prosche, one Benz, two BMWs, three Toyotas, and three Nissans.

Regardless, all of these cars share similar qualities: distinctive styling. Most also have the "rare factor", where in most parts of the country, you'll not see those cars on a daily basis. That makes them appealing. Usually, most people don't desire a car they see droves of everyday. Which is probably why cars like the Mustang and 300 aren't up there; you just see too many of them to still have that certian something about them.

Nelson-

Nice additions, but again, those two cars really appeal to a small group of people. Most people don't know what a Lotus is, much less an Elise.

For what it's worth, while I find most of those cars appealing, they wouldn't be on my Top 10 list. I imagine the list is limited to new cars, which would mean almost all of my Top 10's would be eliminated. I do like the new IS's, but like the old Infinity M's better.

Yes on the RX-8

No on the Armada

Yes on the Solstice

Not big on the Mini Cooper

If you look at the list, besides the Nissan Armada and Scion, all the rest are upscale luxury/performance vehicles. I wouldn't expect a Ford to be on there, maybe a Lincoln, but they don't have such an appealing lineup either.

No MB CLS 500? One passed me out the other day. Someday, when that salary finishes paying off law school, the draw may be too much to resist... Maybe...

[Broken External Image]:

6. 2006 Nissan Armada :angry:

7. 2006 Scion tC :eek:

8. 2006 Mini Cooper :(

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

WTF?!?! Are they outta their ever-living minds?