Topper for 2004 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Schultz

Reaction score
Looking at an ARE topper for my ST. Any experiences good or bad.....any other reccomendations???

Cant seem to pull the trigger. Don't want my ST to look like an SUV, but dammit, all my gun cases are just 2" to long and my dog box is to tall...have to do something.

My '02 had a CAP (don't say topper) :lol: on it when I bought it. It made seeing out the back a lot harder. I really got lots of good mirror experience while it was on. Admit, it was a little handy once in a while, but I wouldn't put one back on mine. (on mine)

Different strokes. Some like 'em, some don't. They say they're a piece of cake to put on and take off. Mine was pretty heavy. As long as you like it.

I love having mine on there, but at the same time it makes picking up lumber difficult. I have a small utility trailer that I use when I need to pick up big loads of wood. Anyway, I built a deck/false floor in the back of mine. This way my dogs have a place to ride and I still have storage underneath. I'll try to upload pics if you want. I got the cheapest ARE cap, the one that is only cab high.

Love to see any pictures.... I have been wrestling with this decision for quite some time.

All I have found on the net on "toppers" is basically ARE brand .. They look good, but they are very $$$. I am the first to believe in you get what you pay for but I have nothing to compare it to. Right now I am looking at $1500 to $1800 for the "topper" that I think I need. Just have no idea if it is a good price and until I can talk to someone that has one, wont feel good about buying one.

Kinda looking at the CX ( wife hates the idea of the MX)

Need Pictures, opinions, potential other brand/source.

I'm with Fred. Occasionally handy but it kills one of the ST's best features, the rear window. Tonneau seems like a good compromise.

[Broken External Image]:

I disagree with fy10lyny. I put the rubber boot on instead of the slider window. I use the window frequently.

[Broken External Image]:

Mine is a Jason Pace series....... about 800.00 3 years ago. I love it, has a sliding window in the front, so I can access the cooler on roadtrips.

Gerry

Mine had the sliding front glass. I tried selling it for 7 or 8 months before finally taking $300 just to get rid of it. It was like brand new.

[Broken External Image]:

YAY!

[Broken External Image]:

I have the factory tonneau cover, and I love it, but there have been a couple times that a Cap would have been a good option, but for me, it's not worth the money just to use it once or twice a year and the rest having it stored...

Latest posts