Tornado Air fuel saver

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Reynolds

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Tornada Air turbine fuel saver? They make one for the Sport Trac and I was wondering if all the hype is just that. Gas just hit $2.39 hear in Ct. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I just placed a "type R" decal on the tailgate and got me the exact SAME gain in power and gas savings as the Tornado does.

BTW, How do you get such cheap gas? :)

Seriously, it has been discussed before, you're going to waste money on the tornado.

It doesn't do anything useful except keep the company that makes it afloat. And it's debatable if that is useful or not.

as far as every one says it is trash,but you can try one and let us know. gas is 2.14 in new orleans

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate everyones quick feedback but has anyone actually installed one? Sorry, new to this forum and this has probably been chewed on a few times already.

They DON'T work on a EFI motor and mite work just a very little bit on a carb. motor. But if its money you want to wast dont forget milage magnetic (claim 11.6 mpg gain) also get the power spacer ( claim 20+ hp gain) And the best is 2 speed blinker fluid. Good luck with your choice. Bill

I'm not looking to waste any money on anything, that's why I asked if anyone actually tried it. Sounded too good to be true but you never know. If the stupid thing gave me one more mile per gallon I would get it. And I think I'll pass on the blinker fluid.....but thanks.

Monster Trac 9/24/2004 21:48 PT

Finaly got a chance to test a "tornado" on a dyno today at school. Tested it on a 99 silverado. max hp went down 4 hp, max torue went up 1 ft. lb. Instructor said it was probably due to the tornado actually shrinking the volume of the intake tube and allowing lees air in at high rpm. One He** of a product.....

Just a scam. I have heard debates over these things and others like it for years. (Another infamous mod is the "racing chip" resistor replacing iat sensors.) I have experience with these with several different vehicles. Friends, club members, etc. Nothing but a waste of time. There are some horror stories about them coming apart and wreaking havoc on the engine. I have seen this happen once. Don't fall for it. I hope this can finally squash the false hopes of gains with this inferior product.

I hope this can finally squash the false hopes of gains with this inferior product.

Too bad that won't happen, brandon. Always going to be people who don't know how to search before posting a question that's been asked hundreds of times before.

Did a search on Tornado and Mileage (only the default last 30 days) sorry to have bothered you elitist a$$holes.

New member......over and out!

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood..."

Tim: Ask a question like that one, be prepared for some riducule. It's about like asking:

1) What kind of oil should I use?

2) Is 87 octane gas ok in my Trac?

3) I bought my Trac used. Where do I find the 5 digit code for my keyless entry?

4) What PSI do you run in your tires?

5) Post pics of your lifted Tracs.

6) Post pics of your lowered Tracs.

7) Post your bling-bling pics.

8) Post your semi-naked pics of Kalama (search for that one...heh)

9) Will 22" rims fit in my Trac?

10) and the classic... What kind of wax/polish should I use?

Last edited by a moderator: