Torsion Bar Keys????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was pondering the thought of buying a set of torsion bar keys for my 02 ST. I was trying to find out if anybody has done this and if they have how hard to install and if ride quality changed any. Another ? about it is what size tire will fit without rubbing if the front goes up 1.5 - 2.5". I was looking at 265/70/16. Any info will be great.

I bought the keys and compression tool from ReadyLift. It is kind of cold up here in the great white north, so I keep putting the job off. Another reason I put it off is the headlight readjustment. Im sure once I do it, I will wonder why I waited so long. I have 31X10.5X15 on right now and only get a rub when turned left all the way, I am hoping to steal the 32X11.5X15 tires off the wifes 97 Jeep once winter is over. I have a 2003 and I paid about $140 for the www.readylift.com parts.

Like you, I sure hope it makes a difference since we enjoy long trips on logging roads.

Dave :driving:

It will stiffen up the ride somewhat, but you can get the same lift for free just by turning the adjusting bolts. You'll need a front end alignment either way.

Torsion keys are designed to give you more height without having to twist the bars at all !!!! In other words you get more height with a factory ride.

Dave :boohoo:

Torsion keys are designed to give you more height without having to twist the bars at all !!!! In other words you get more height with a factory ride.

Keys with a different angle stil twist the bars. So it will affect the ride, same as ajusting stock keys twist the bars.

Latest posts