Torsion Bar Twist Raise Lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnie gibbs

Reaction score
Hey Fellas! Need some help on where the torsion bars are located and what they look like...i have no idea> A pic would be Great! I need to know max height to go w/o problems.... i'm in the process of installing a 3" body lift at this moment and my truck sags a .5" towards the passenger side...i measured from the top of wheel to the fender... is this unusual and is it the torsion bars...oh by the way it sags in the front...

I will soon post before and after pics!

These lifts if do it yourself are very time consuming...or should i say pain in the neck.... but the outcome will be worth it.

Thanks for your help!

Donnie

Installation PA 3" body lift

Rims Mickey Thompson Classic II's 16x8

Tires Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTZ

Size 305-70-R16

the bars are long round rods that go from the front suspension backwards to a cross brace in that cross brace you will see where a bolt goes up into each bar 1 each side have the suspension hanging free when you tighten the bolt.

there is some good photos in projects go to ride and handling and look for lowering torsion twist. Real good photos show you where it is. I couldn't figure out how to post the link sorry. I also have 305's on my truck just did the TT/SL worked out great. They say no to go over 1.5" on the TT If you go higher you may cause damage. TT is not hard bolts may be subborn at first but will ease up be careful not to strip the heads. You can take the brackets off completely will give you better access to the bolts. Good Luck