Torsion Twist / Shackle Lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Cloutier

Reaction score
I got together with a friend, who also has a ST, this weekend to lift both of our trucks. Since I had already done the tt/sl lift on my 2001 trac, installation went smoothly. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, so I didn't get any pictures of the two Tracs together. Here's a pic I took yesterday. Now for some new tires...

[Broken External Image]:

Cool, Looks good,, What was the height achieved???

Todd Z

I got around 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" at the rear. I still have to adjust the front a little. The driver's side torsion adjuster bolt was being a little stubborn, so it's currently soaking in some penetrating oil. Right now the Trac seems to be sitting nearly level front to back (maybe a little lower in the front). I need to level things out side-to-side.

Looks good. I also did the shackle lift on my 01 ST this last week end and call me crazy, but I left the torsion bars alone. I like the looks of the rake. We used to heat the front coil springs back in the 60's to get the same look. And I can always do it later. I also taped off and painted the front bumper using Krylon brand Fusion spray paint in black. I hope to paint everything that is now gray with the same color. I will post a picture when I get done and can figure out how to do so.............

Latest posts