Torsion Twist TT

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colby mincey

Reaction score
I've heard a little about this but not sure what to believe. I've heard that it could tear up the front suspension by not allowing enough travel and providing too much stiffness. Also that its near impossible to get a correct alignment. Is this true ? If somebody could send me some pictures of there ST and maybe some sort of guide or illistration showing this procedure that would be great Thanks [email protected]

Are you talking about lifting or dropping? Many members have done both through a TT and either shackles or drop blocks. In order to get an alignment, you need to purchase a camber kit, as the camber is not adjustable from the factory. If you drop it, you will have to go easier on the bumps, but you could trim the bump stops, or get aftermarket ones to help cushion the ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will stiffen up the ride a little, but not objectionably. Really all you're doing is adjusting the suspension down, so whatever you lift it by is how much downtravel you lose...and you don't want to lose all your downtravel. Also it increases the angle of the CV joints in the front end (if you have a 4wd). As long as you don't go over 1.5" it will be fine. I'm having camber issues myself, it's going back to the alignment shop next week. I'll have to find out about this camber kit. It rides and drives fine but the tires are wearing on the outer edge and I never had this problem with my Ranger when I did a TT on it.

I am going to the TT twist on my 2001 and I have the 2 inch schackles already. Today I went to my Ford dealer and ordered 4 camber plates Ford # F5TZ-3C203A (cost is just under $7.00 each)as someone told me I need 4 to adjust the camber & castor. The parts man is also going to print a copy if instructions out of the Ford service manual. I have access to a front end rack with a set if kick ass guages and hope to do the adjustments myself. My family used to have a front end shop. If I can't figure things out, I will take the plates to my local tire/front end shop and have them do the install and adjustment.

Hi everyone,

Now that I know that you can lower/raise the front end of your ST, what about the back end? I'm not talking about raising or lowering about 2". Mine left rear is about 1/2" higher than the right due to "strees". I want to make them even or close. Anything I can do myself to make it even?

budmelon - the rear is off because the front it off. If you adjust the front (raise front right) it will level the rear left.

Latest posts