Toyota in the news

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SST...pick a side or back in the cheap seats!

:eek:

Oh, and I'm not claiming victory or anything, but I do think I got Caymen to admit that its within the realm of the possible to add a 20% larger gas tank to a Tauras if money and time are no object.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
TJR,

I never said it wasn't possible to put a V8 in the first gen Trac's.

Off to work I go.

Tom

Ford didn't put a larger gas tank in the Taurus because the extra weight would have lowered the EPA gas mileage.

As for the Tom vs Tom discussion, I learned long ago it is impossible to win an arguement with either one of them. There are a lot of words I could use to describe my feelings when trying to discuss things with them, but I know this is a family forum.

I have learned that Tom is a lot smarter than Tom. However, Tom is much better looking than Tom will ever be.

:p

Ok here it is.

I blame the unions. Bush too. Hillary for running. Somehow the Taliban must be involved. Big Oil. Greedy executives. Cartoon Violence. Peter Pan Peanut Butter.

Did I miss anything?

Yes... Global warming and El Nino

I must say that I truly am disappointed in the proportions mentioned for the Toyotas. That's one of the reasons I don't own a Toyota. When they improve to 90-100% Japanese parts and labor... then I might consider a Toyota. :lol:

BTW... My two Nissans still run like a champ despite the fact that they were built in TN. In a perfect world...

Caymen,

So what you are saying is that this isn't "good news" since Toyota will simply being creating 2000 "new" jobs filled by people coming from other companies, thus net employment gain is 0?

Wow. I guess Toyota has to clone their own new employees, or only staff this new factory with unemployed people, the permanantly disabled, or dead people for this to be good news then given that logic. ;)

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
They get to flourish with an unfair advantage at the cost of jobs from other companies.

They get a pat on the back for producing no new jobs.

Tom

Ponderous, Caymen, ponderous.

So in times like this of near full-employment, any company that grows and adds new jobs is what, bad? evil?

What if with these new jobs the average wage earned in that local Mississippi economy goes UP...still no pat on the back?

Sour grapes!

TJR

I heard Ford was going to build a new plant and hire 2000 more employees....

Now, I believe the arguement for some would be a lot different. But,since it is evil toyota and not the all american, wonderful ford, people will bash the idea.

Toyota is hiring people.:)

Ford is laying off people.:eek:

Toyota bad?:wacko:

Ford good?:wacko:

Ha Ha Ha... you make me laugh!!!:lol:

Toyota builds quality vehicles that people want.:)

Maybe it would be better for the US if Toyota kept building their cars in Japan, and then only sell them here. We wouldn't want any non-union scabs at Toyota stealing US jobs would we? :unsure:

Latest posts