TPMS - With or Without Sensors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven D

Reaction score
Question, if my sport trac came with the 4 Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors and I remove all 4 of them, will I still get the error message on my info screen in the dash at startup? I know from experience when I had one of them missing, I got the error message, but if you take all four out, will you get that message or not?

Yes.....

No one has tried mounting them all in the spare tire, But if you remove them you will get the error..

Todd Z

Even in the spare, you'll get the message after a short period of time. They charge by spinning, much like a Rolex.

With the Way you drive Andy, they should charge just fine...... LOL :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

Todd Z

Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if I was going to bother switching them again to my new set of rims or just go without. Guess I am going to transfer them over to the new rims. Thanks again.

You just have to order the right size bands.

16" bands--6F2Z1A193C

17" bands--6F2Z1A193D

18" bands--6F2Z1A193E

20" bands--6F2Z1A193G

22" bands--6F2Z1A193J

The bands retail for around $55-$56 each.

If taken off correctly the bands can be reused on new rims, if they are the same size as the rims they were originally taken off of, I know this from previous experience. The problem lies in the tech taking them off properly and reinstalling them so that they will stay on correctly.

Bringing up an old thread here I know.....but I have found a guy that wants to swap rims and I am seriously thinking about it.

Problem is I do NOT want to pay to switch out my TPMS sensors. I will have to look into the Steeda thing bill was talking about.

Care to elaborate bill? If the belpow link is what you are talking about it says nothing about being able to delete the sensors all together! It appears it's just a reprogramming tool for switching the snesors or for new ones!?

http://www.steeda.com/products/tire_pressure_programming_tool.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts