Trac got broken into

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Ellis

Reaction score
My trac got broken into last night. The rear drivers side window was busted and they took only a bunch of cds and my registration...It didn't look like they were trying to steal the vehicle or anything...Anyways...i have thought buying a security system even before this happened. I have priced some but cant find exactly what i am looking for...I want a 2way system with remote start....I would like to have a remote that vibrates when the alarm is set off...I have looked at Clifford and Viper but what are some other trustworthy brands....Can anyone find what im looking for? See the pics of my window in my gallery

First, Just a bunch of punk kids looking for the cd's. Second, Thankfully your windows where tinted, held the mess from being worse..

I have the viper/with remote start and the first alert. It can call my cell phone, email me, or call my house...

I am happy with it..

I also have the lojack, It was installed by the dealer before I saw the truck..

Todd Z

They took the registration? Mmmm, They might give me a pause. I wonder if they are trying to something fishy?

They could be try to resurrect a junk yard car and need a VIN?

Looking for you home address to break in there?

I would cautious for a while. Maybe check carfax in a while to see if some damage gets reported against your VIN.

Good Luck :(

Iam glad Texas doesnt require you to carry the registration, in the vehicle..

It is fishy that they took your reg...:(

Here in NY the registration meens nothing, just a piece of paper, they actually tell you that you can Cary a photocopy of it.. You get a title when you purchase a vehicle, That is your proof of ownership and the title is the only thing that can transfer ownership...

Todd Z

Sorry to hear that.

I have a viper 560XV w/remote start, as well as battery backup and motion sensor. Mine doesn't have the vibe/page alert when it's triggered.

I'm pretty satisfied with the system, though it's senstive to wind and rain, I can adjust it from the house when it becomes irritating.

It was $450 pro instal.

I've thought about a system for mine, but I park just outside of the flightline on base. The jet noise sets off alarms all around our building, and I find it very annoying. Alarm systems are pretty much just noisemakers, and people just ignore them.

Recommendation for those who can, do not carry/keep anything within the vehicle that has your personal information on it. Proof of insurance? In wallet. Registration? As noted above, not required in Texas. Any magazines, papers left lying around inside vehicle, never. I break in, get your residence location, take/clone the garage door opener sequence and I'm in business. Better safe than sorry.

Latest posts