Trac pulling to left

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V Ro

Reaction score
I have brought this thing in for alignement twice and it still pulls to the left....

I changed the brake pads a month ago still pulls.

Could a bad shock cause this?

what else could make this pull left?

Thanks

Bad tire.

Worn suspension.

Dragging brakes.

Bent frame.

Lots of possibilities.

Take it to a good alignment shop and have them check it over.

Just turn the steering to the right to compensate :D

Just kidding mine did that too, turns out I bent one of the pins that brake caliper slides on. I did not have a c clamp to properly push the pistons back in, so I used a pry bar and bent the pin. Pulling to the left was horrible, thought I screwed up installing my lift kit. Installed a new pin, actually replaced all of them and the problem has gone bye bye.

I would go through your brakes again to double check for binding. I assume you did the brake job your self, and just lub the pins and check the pads and see if they are wearing improperly.

When I fixed the bent pin, my brand new brake pad was only wearing on 1/2 of the pad. Which meant it was dragging the entire time when the brakes were not being applied.

how do i lube the pin? and with what type of lube

i thought it was sealed

Autozone gave it to me it is a little package of brake lubricant, it is kind of like a ketchup packet. You remove the (2) 13mm bolts holding the caliper on and remove the caliper the pins are what the bolts screw into.

Dont take out the the bigger 15mm bolts holding the brake system to the knuckle.

There is a rubber boot that the pin slides into but it is not sealed, just pull the pin out.

Take a look at this picture, these are the pins, and boots I am refering to.

[Broken External Image]:

Lube those pins, and take it to a good alignment shop. Ford had mine "within specs", but my tire shop found it just a hair out. The guy said I shouldn't have even noticed it pulling.