Traded 04 for 07 Limited

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Schultz

Reaction score
On 4/21 I got the blinking OD at only 31000 miles on my 04 ST. I thought this is BS so I traded it in for a 07 Limited - Dark Cherry - V6 ( I do not do any towing ). I got the ST on 4/26

This ST is great - rides like a dream and handling is fantastic.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Terry

Jeff - There is no comparision. The 07 handles estremely well.

bpoche - The black box (to be painted to match the interior) is a scangauge. The 4 line message center in the elect option gives MPG for the tank. The scangauge gives the same info and more eng temp, RPM, instantaneous MPG, avg speed on a tank of gas, etc.

I find it interesting that according to the scangauge, the best MPG is between 40-50 MPH. It shows 27-30 MPG. The scangauge is accurate.

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE TRAC!!! :)

But, you were having tranny problems with a truck at only 31k and you traded it in on a new vehicle, same brand?? I would think that the new ST's may have worse problems...

Good luck!

(IT IS A BEAUTIFUL ST, THOUGH):)

Thinking same thing mud... Last thing I'd buy is the same make and model if my tranny went out on one.

I bought the 04 used and do not know what the other owner did or did not do. I know I now have Job 1 but love the ST truck layout. Time will tell if I was dumb or not.

Terry

I swear we should have a "Dark Cherry ST" club - it seems like everyone who's bought an 07 lately has bought the Dark Cherry. LOL!

Mine looks identical to yours (minus the scanguage and mats)

The metal flake in the dark cherry looks so good in the sun. What a beautiful color!

TSSS, GREAT CHOICE OF COLOR! :wub: I too, think that there should be a Dark Cherry segment for the new07 ST's! That is going to be the most sought and bought color of the 07's. I also plan to get my 07 in that color, Limited, of course! Where can I get that scan guage, that model number and name?