TRADED IN THE TRAC TODAY...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys for all the input, i love it, and it seems so much more faster than the trac was, maybe because i had 120k, or because it weighs over 1000 lbs less...but anyways i like it, and it smooth and tight.. I will b going back in otomorrow though to get some things fixed that i found needed attention-passenger door handle is very loose, some parts are missing paint, and theres a small ding-nothing major. But i'll always take domestic over foreign! One question though- is it ok to play around with the truck a little in the first couple hundred miles-i've been mixing the driving up alot, hevy throttle light trottle, floored in like 2 times, baby it like 1000x times, is that ok??? I'm not going to mess it up am i??

Thanks

Andy

Andy..I know others will disagree, but I have always driven new engines the way I want them to run. After about 100miles and at normal operating temp, I run them hard. I dont max the tach or anything till after the first oil change. I break them in the way I want it to run. I have never had an engine failure, factory or one that I built...

I went the other way, from a Ranger ext cab to a Trac. My kids have this annoying tendency to get bigger. I had two, I liked my Rangers. Good Ranger info and forums at The Ranger Station. I am JohnnyO here, there, and everywhere.