traded the sport trac tonight

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kil roy

Reaction score
traded in the sport trac tonight, got a great deal on a 09 challenger and couldnt pass it up

the thing that sewed up the deal was what they gave me on trade for my Trac.

a hell of a lot more than i expected plus a 4.79-60 month interest rate.

i will probably still lurk on the board but obviously wont be quite as active

Rich

Sad to see the ST go.....

Todd Z

The Challenger is a sweet looking ride. Pity they won't be selling as much as its beauty deserves and not nearly as much as Chrysler needs/needed it to. Can't just blame the economy...Chrysler's reputation for quality and reliability sucks! The domestic brands all get a bad wrap, but Chrysler takes the cake.

Goodluck with it, Rich!

Chrysler's reputation for quality and reliability sucks!

I read a reliability study on monday the average Chrysler will have 5 check engine lights within the 3y/36K miles and an average on 2 major (trans, motor failure, suspension, etc. between 36K and 50K miles. Out of warrenty repair costs were huge compared to GM and Ford. The overall average between the all 3 was CHrysler lasted 5 years, GM and Ford were an average of 9 years.

Good luck, but you will regret selling your truck for a car - like I did for a few years ago when I did the same. I am so glad that the cars engine blew, so I could get my trac:cool:

and an average on 2 major (trans, motor failure, suspension, etc. between 36K and 50K miles.

If that is true, good thing they have a lifetrain powertrain warranty. Such as lifetime engine, tranny, axles, differential, etc..

Tom

I don't think the R/T or SRT are covered under the lifetime powertrain. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited by a moderator:
SRT's are not covered by lifetime warranty, only the 3/36. And our Dodge Ram has only needed oil changes and tire rotations for it's first year and 19,000 miles.

sorry i didnt get back right away, been busy with the car.

i bought the SE V6 model, with the 78 corvette in the garage

i have more than enough HP to hold me over and i needed something

that gets decent fuel mileage, according to the challenger forum

i am now a member of if i drive it normal as in no jack rabbit starts

i can expect 18-20 around town and from 25 to as high as 30 highway at 75mph.

from all of the responses so far though the average seems to be 28

which isnt too shabby for a car that is as big as it is.

i have had many chrysler products over the years and the only real

piece of CRAP was the PT cruiser.

i have 2 trucks at my disposal plus i still have an AWD escape

from what i have read online the reliability issues with this car, so far the main issues seem to be transmission like the sport trac and the half assed ignition key, at least it has the lifetime power train warranty so the running gear is covered. if i start having that many problems i tiwll trade it in before the 3 years is up.

here are some photos

ce3e4eb9cde474829b19dffac0816488.jpg

1c2e9e50a5d0270c600504ed94e2c27a.jpg

8bb9245adb4ee88a4de6fc1871733318.jpg

c6c0ac7e38026bf86447a8ed50a26075.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: