Traded Trac for Sports Car

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John C 3

Reaction score
About a month ago I traded the Trac for a new Mazda RX-8. No regrets. I have a few items that i just listed on the swap and sell board. There is a similar site for the RX-8 and I'm hoping it will be as helpful as this one.

I enjoyed the experience.

Later

aawww

nice car u picked

does it have a turbo or no?

let us know how the car drive and what not

id love to get that car but im not to familiar with the rotary engine, it red lines at like 9,000 rpm

I loved the last RX-7, and wanted one bad. But the low roofline and my excessive upper body length would have made it difficult to live with. Now that I'm married with a kid, the Trac fits my needs better. The RX-8 looks like a great ride, too.

i am driving a friends 2002 gt mustang while my trac is in the shop it is fun but i could not drive it all the time it is too small in side. i:wub:my ST

Johnnie, the 8 uses no turbos, and still makes as much HP as the previous RX-7.

That's a nice car, I was really, really close to buying one last year, the dealer just didn't want to deal..."only a few hundred off" for a dealer demo with 4500 miles and scratches and dings? Yeah right....They've got a lot of power and speed, great looks, and a great interior. Not sure how good it would be carrying 4 adults as Mazda claims...What color and options did you get?

RX-8 don't come with turbo (yet). My previous ride before the Trac was a white 91 RX-7 'Vert. Enjoyed it much and put in 220 K miles in it.:). Rumor mill has it that another 7 is in the works.

Another 7? Why? With Mazda's current passion for using numbers to name everything (6, 3, 5, MX-5), the 7 would fit...but anything but a sports car bearing that number would cause an uproar. The RX-8 is a direct replacement for the RX-7, don't forget that while here in the States, the last year for the 7 was '97, but in Japan it continued to 2002, and was replaced by the RX-8. Or maybe Mazda needs something to combat the upcoming Skyline GT-R (500HP RWD anyone?) or the Lexus/Toyota Supra reincarnation, because as good as the RX-8 is, it's not even as good as the R-34 GT-R, much less a V35 based one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correction, the last year for the last RX7 was 1995 (started 93 model year) There may have still been NEW ones on the lot in 97 but they were 95 models.

I sold my 93 about 18 months ago, don't miss it, no torque, the HP means nothing without Torque to back it up. I had MODS on mine too, still anemic. If they had a 3 or 4 rotor in the RX8 Id take a serious look, but not with that wimpy engine again. Sounds awful too, even with a catback and downpipe, just didnt sound good like a V8

You're right Sam, I never can remember the cut off year. Maybe '97 was the first year for the face lift with the new turn signals and tail lamps....

You're also right baout the RX-8's exhuast note...the two cars I was real close to buying was a GTO and an RX-8, and the exhuast note of the 8 just wasn't to my liking, in car going through the revs, or outside at idle.

AAAAAAH,. RX-8, We LOVE ours,........ it's fun, and FAST, and handles corners like a dream!

Dove[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts