Traded up to an 06 Explorer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FL ST

Reaction score
I traded my 05 Sport Trac for an 06 Explorer on Friday. Every time I turn my A/C on it makes this kind of loud bump noise. This can't be good/normal...can it? I'm taking it to the dealer today to get running boards I was going to have them check it out anyways but should I keep turning it on or no?

This is normal and heard on my 07ST when brand new. It eventually went away. I believe this is the actuator on the Max A/C which is causing the A/C to use recirculated air. That flapper will eventually become less stiff and noisey.

Ok that's gotta be what it is because in let it idle and then turn the A/C to Max A/C. Thanks.

Well being that I had an 05 XLS with ZERO options it's a trade up for me, especially with all the cool little standard features (i.e. power mirrors, trip computer, miles til empty, average mpg.) Plus I'm paying $20 a month less and have 0% financing; out the door the new Explorer cost me close to $23,000.

LOL..no I knew you were. I don't however understand why the truck came without floor mats :blink: .

Latest posts