Trailer Lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Castineira

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I need to do some towing Saturday and I checked to see if my Wire Harness was working correctly tonight and everything worked fine except for the running lights, anybody else run in to similar problems, is thier a fuse i should check, any other ideas. Thanks

CHRIS

Sounds like the plug is corroded or the wire is bad....

Can you poke the wire to test it behind the plug ??

also if testing it on the trailer, a Bad ground can cause that same issue..

Todd Z

when you say running lights, did you turn them on at the switch in the vehicle first, or did you just rely on them being on, sometimes they are two different circuits.

there are [3] fuses that pertain to trailer lights, they are in position # 3, # 7 & # 36...off hand I don't recall which deals w/ the running lights in particular...good luck!

Do you have power at the plug? if you have a test light check to see if you have power to the plug if you do look down stream of the plug. I would be surprised if all the bulbs were bad I would suspect the prblem to be in the trailer wires not the truck Confirm this next.

i had a similar problem with my 01 all i had was just runnin lights i traced wires as far as i could with no fire to them then checked fuses they were all good so i just ran new wires and havent had a problem since. good luck

Latest posts