Tranny bump and Xcal3

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
OK, I have definately got the "bump". Do I have to take out the SCT tune and return it to stock before the tranny update? Somebody recently claimed that the reprogram has affected the trucks performance(lack of power off the line?). My ST is going in to the dealer on Thursday for a bad headlight switch and was going to ask about the reprogram. Anybody got some advice on this??? Bob :unsure:

HE also found out ( AS I said) the dealer changed his PCM code....

YES Flash it back to stock and get the new PCM code from them, Contact the tuner and get a new updated tune for the new PCM code..

Todd Z

I had the reprogram done a long time ago, and haven't experienced any 'performance' differences. Still gets up and goes off the line (for a lead sled) . . .

I bought the xcal from Bama Chips. It is (was) sweet. After I had the transmission TSB done, the xcal wont recognize the car. I emailed Bama Chips and got the run around. I guess he figgures I am trying to screw him or something.