Tranny From Hell???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4Th Tranny????? Something is really FUBAR with your dealership where they think if they just keep replacing them all will be well.

Sorry you are going thru all this Hell with dealing with this issue and the Ford dealership.

Not with a tranny issue, but with another problem with another car, I had some same issues dealing with the service dept. With all the BS they were giving me, I decided to go hang out on the new car lot and let potential customers know what not to expect should they decide to buy a car there. They caught me and to get me off their lot, they gave me a free upgrade of a loner car. :)

WOW like Desert Fox said 4 TRANSMISSIONs

and they don't have a clue?????

common sense common sense commen sense....after the 2nd one I think they would have thoguht to check out their computer??????!!!!!

I have gone thru every process with them u can imagine... Name a part and I've had them test the hell out of it.

computer, electrical harnesses, valve body's, etc. and the flair is not only there but with a vengeance.

Today I will find out if and or they will be ordering the 4th tranny.... which i presume they will be and I will once again go a week + without my Trac.

is it too late to say LEMON law???

It is rediculous that you, with an 03 has had to now have 4 transmissions! Absolutely rediculous. No vehicle would NORMALLY have to have 4 transmissions installed. See what I mean?

oh I see! What really tweaks me is I had to pay out of pocket for the first tranny replacement. Granted I haven't sunk another dime into the other transmissions - it still means that the 2.5k i had to shuffle out in the beginning was all due to some defect in the vehicle that not even the ford certified boys can properly fix! Now I am pleased that they are willing to test the hell out of the trac to find the authentic fix... but I am extremely upset that I got a rather fresh vehicle with a lot of rotten problems.

anyways guys I have vented about this junk long enough. I'll keep everyone posted on the official turn out. Hopefully I'll have the girl back before the Meet! ARGH!

Latest posts