tranny, please

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Padilla

Reaction score
“Incognito” :huh:

I facing some transmission problems, yet I’m not ready to give up! I have posted on the past that my 01 ST started O/D to blink, I was told be many to take it to the tranny shop or to the dealer and get the codes. Which I did and they mention that it was 2nd and 5th gears no sensors, they said I need a rebuild (just like that) so the guys from the shop wanted $1500 and the F dealer were asking $2750 (yeah right, a$$holes). Why I say this, well I got the time to remove the tranny oil pan to check on the oil and see if I saw pieces of metal, plastic, gasket, etc. To my surprise nothing was there just some residue of wear & tear. Question here is why do a rebuild if no evidence shows, can it a sensor or something electrical? I found this website (check it out) Tranny Valve Body

http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/idx/0/343/article/Common_Fix_For_4r55e__5r55e_Transmissions_With_A_B%20%20ad_Separator_Plate_And_Valve_Body_Gasket.html

Sounds like a good idea, right, well I went to my local tranny supplier and requested this items and guess what the guy said, He said, “that it is possible BUT he was 110% that I need this two things:

Shift Sol and EPC Pressure

Are you still with me, ok so what you guys, think????

Joey,

My 04 ST is doing the exact same thing. Is your's shifting hard or not wanting to shift from 1 to 2 and 3 to 4? just wondering cause if it seams to be a building situation I may contact my local dealer and find out how to use my warranty. Thanks keep on Trac-in'

I would start with the mentioned parts and see what happens. Many members with earlier tracs problems were solved with the seperator plate and gasket and epc. When it was caught early. There wont be a large labor charge as this can be done without pulling the tranmission...

I am mechanicly inclined but I think the $100 deductable on the warranty would be easier than trying to fix that myself. Besides if I get a new tranny for a c note I will not complain.

Well Lance my ST is shifting well except it doesn't get 5 gear which is O/D, I started having this problem last week and haven't use my ST that much. As a matter of fact she's on jack stands ready to get the fix. This past Tuesday I made the oil change and filter and w/no luck, which bring me here V-body, wish me luck.

By the way, I forgot post, if any of you guys have a transmission diagram or where can I get one, thanks

I know this is a serious post and all... But I want to Sooooo badly find a crappy picture of a trans sexual and post it...

After all, he did say please.... LOL