Tranny problems!! Warrenty Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Baltagi

Reaction score
I put the trac in the shop a few days ago for the tranny slipping on second gear, and today i recieved a call from ford telling me that the tranny might be shot! I have the 100k extended warrenty, and i'm about 80 k miles on the ST. I had it programmed on premium from the SCT, and i have an intake, and a magnaflow exhaust. I programmed the truck back to stock about 2 weeks ago, before i took it in. i left the intake and magnaflow in. Show should there be a reason why they should void my warrenty? I know i have aftermarket performance mods, but i don't feel thats whats cause the tranny to go down. I'm hoping that the warrenty will cover it. Its goin to really SUCK if they don't decide to fix it under the warranty. So if anyone could help me out on more factual info, its appretiated. Whats your guys thoughts?...

I've taken it in before for tranny slipping, and they fixed it no questions asked. So i feel like its goin to be no problem. But this service guy keeps throwing doubts in my mind! Anyways, can someone please shed light on this issue! :(:unsure:

Thanks

Sean

Agreed, They should have no problems with the intake and exhaust..

Todd Z

I took mine in not too long ago at 28K miles and they replaced my trans no questions asked even with aftermarket intake and exhaust installed. This was at the purchasing dealership.

I agree.... there are way to many tranny problems... they are everywhere... in the clubs... on the streets... having parades.... like come on!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts