Tranny Rebuild

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Cat

Reaction score
Just got my ST back today from the tranny shop. They rebuilt it there and seem to have done a good job. I am just glad that is over with and hopfully I will not have any more major problems in the future, knock on wood. Just wanted to say thanks to every on here for all the info on the tranny that every has posted. You guys helped me go to the local shop instead of a chain and I knew what price to expect. Thanks again and boy do I love this site. :D

Adam C, what symptoms and codes were your tranny showing? I'm curiousbecause I have several symptoms that dealt with the Torque Coverter, like the stuck off, and some electrical switch/plug. I am in the process of having a "newsed" tranny w/ 15,000 K on it installed. I too, am going with an independant shop, and hopefully they will install it correctly. But before I commit it to them I wanted to know what you had experienced with yours. I will await your response. BTW, you have the best source for information that you could ever have right here at this site, BAR NONE! Ford Motor Company would better serve themselves by chimimg in here and listen to these owners that have experienced ALL of the good and bad experiences that we have had over these 5 years of owning and driving the Explorers they build. Thanks to all that help one another here at this site, you are awesome!!!

Adam C, what symptoms and codes were your tranny showing? I'm curiousbecause I have several symptoms that dealt with the Torque Coverter, like the stuck off, and some electrical switch/plug. I am in the process of having a "newsed" tranny w/ 15,000 K on it installed. I too, am going with an independant shop, and hopefully they will install it correctly. But before I commit it to them I wanted to know what you had experienced with yours. I will await your response. BTW, you have the best source for information that you could ever have right here at this site, BAR NONE! Ford Motor Company would better serve themselves by chimimg in here and listen to these owners that have experienced ALL of the good and bad experiences that we have had over these 5 years of owning and driving the Explorers they build. Thanks to all that help one another here at this site, you are awesome!!!