trans flush.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason vocaty

Reaction score
How much do you pay for a transmission flush? jiffy lube said the dealer will charge upwards of $300 but he can do it for $150 first time i ever used jiffy lube i was in a bind. I need it done and was just wondering how much they really charge.

Make sure they use MERCV fluid, NOT some universal junk.... OR bring them the fluid..

ALSO some dealers run specials... I think I have seen it as low as $149.99 here..

Todd Z

Do not have jiffy lube do the flush, take it to a real tranny shop.

I brought my own merc V bought at the ford dealer (14qts)

total tab with flush was about $220 bux

Aloha,

What do these places flush the trans with? Why not drain and refill?

Ed

Put a plug in the pan and drain and refill at every oil change, or every other oil change. Change the filter at the recommended intervals. Over the life of the trans the effect is the same as a flush, and the price impact is more spread out. Also some have said there is a "shock" to the trans when all fresh fluid is introduced to an older trans that hasn't been kept up, and the fresh detergents in the fresh fluid may loosen deposits all at once, plugging things up.

Shops I've asked don't want to just drain and refill the trans. Last quote I got was $70 just to drain and refill with 4 qts! If you go with the drain and refill, you'll probably have to do it yourself. At least you always know what fluid is going in when you do it yourself.