Transmission cooler?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd Z, Added one with a cooling fan. I think it is a Hayden brand. Tey are good units. I would think just about any would be good.

The hayden is a new design I think. More compact from the old style. Has to do with the way the fluid flows thru it. I think the flat tubes have baffles that makes the fluid swirl. More fluid contacts the cooling surface.

Thanks Ed,

Mine is a B&M....

This one has a fan and in the heat of the summer the fan does come in (175).....

On my 04 adren I put just an extra cooler, no fan... Check my lib for more epics...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

I put one in a few years ago, but without a fan. Dropped tranny temps while towing about 30 degrees, as well as allowing the temps to recover faster on hills. I have a Scanguage II, so I can monitor the tranny temps, and it has really helped.

I tow a 22' travel trailer that weighs in at 3800lbs ready for a weeks camping.

I put the B&M on but did not install the fan. The reason I installed one was not for towing but to try and keep the transmission cooler in the summer to alleviate the problem of it not downshifting back to 1st gear when stopping (the notorious 'bump' situation). I would also get the infamous blinking O/D light when experiencing the problem. The symptom would only happen during hot summer weather.

Since I installed the cooler, I did experience the problem last summer.

:smile0006:

Last edited by a moderator:
Para ???

The fan on mine is a Pusher, so air flow is not an issue...

Todd Z