Transmission Flush

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Torres

Reaction score
I called the local dealer and they want $185 for a transmission full fluid flush (doesn't include dropping the pan and changing the filter). Is it just me or does that seem pretty high for a fluid flush. I asked about the filter and the service guy said it doesn't need to be replaced.

That is what they charge, and nope, they do not change the filter.

I did the flush at the dealer, I do not know any trustworthy shop around and I prefer them doing it than AAMCO or Jiffy lube.:D

I called a second Ford dealer in my area and they said they do a "reverse flush" which changes all the tranny fluid and cleans the filter for $105. They also said that the filter does not need changing. That seems more reasonable than $185.

There is no way they can reverse flush the tranny fluid with out damaging the transmission..

Find a local trans shop to drop the pan and filter. Then decide if you want to do a flush later on..

Todd Z

Yup I payed around 200 cnd as well in Calgary, it also included dropping the pan and replacing the filter, fluid and pan gasket.

Really?!!?

where did you guys take it in calgary?

I called Marlborough and Crowfoot and they both wanted 200cad but that wasn't including the filter replacement or dropping the pan. Just a flush is what they said!

is it 200 + parts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I get coupons from either Ford or my dealer in the mail every few months, I had the trans in the wife's Taurus flushed for $89.99. If you think it's important to do that on Tracs, you don't know Tauruses. :lol:

"Fra-jeeel-ay. Must be Italian."--the dad in A Christmas Story

Is there a way for me to get on some sort of mailing list to get them?

I dunno. I keep buying new trucks and cars there, maybe they like me because I give them lots of money. :lol:

Jiffy Lube is unable to do a flush on our Transmissions, the fluid pressure is very high on these transmissions and there machine is unable to build the pressure needed. Also in regards to the filter, its correct that they dont need to be changed. Transmissions no longer use paper filters that get dirty and need to be replaced on regular intervals, the filter on our trucks is a made of metal and the flush will remove all the trash. My current problem is I want to get my trans flushed so 100% of the fluid is changed but I also want to drop the pan and do that shift mod listed on this site. :wacko::wacko:

John, our filters are NOT just a metal screen. I believe the actual material is more like felt. They absolutely do need to be changed.

Tim

Adam, I went to Crowfoot. I asked for the tranny flush and when I got it back the paperwork listed the parts numbers for the filter and the gasket and said they had been replaced.

Okay, found it,

Automatic Transmission Service

1 FT 134 Screen Asy

1 F5TZ 7A191 A Gasket

5 CXT 5 LM12 Mercon Trans fluid

For a grand total of 182.71 (that was in May 04)