transmission in for service

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette lopez 2

Reaction score
i took my sporttrac. in for service, and have the OD lite came on well the service guy called and said the the EPC VALVE needs to be changed. plus the service guy called again and said that this fuel shield has a lot of carbon build up and it needs to be cleaned or changed. and he said that is the reason why the idle is ruff. my question is has anybody ever had this job performed on there ST. i took it to the dealer to have my ST serviced. so if anyone have any in put please let know. thank you paulette

i dont know they said it had a lot of carbon build up on it. they had my st sence tuesday it was only in for service at 5,000 miles and they found the carbon build, i only had mt st sence 4-08-05 it had 65,000 mile when i bought it.

I could be mistaken, but this fuel shield thing sounds hokey...maybe someone else will chime in with an answer....

Nope, never heard of a fuel shield either. I understand that there is a better aftermarket EPC and/or Ford has updated the part. Always get the old parts back if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi mike. so when i get my truck back ask for all the parts back right. when i get itback i'll post and let everyone know exactly what they did to it. i know i sound kind of nieve but i just want the truck fixed. like i said earlier i only had the truck for only 8months. and idont know if the person that had it before me ever had any of the work done on it. it will just put my mind at ease. thats all. well i'll keep you folks posted

Hi everyone ok on my i called ford again and the fuel plate i was talking about was wrong. its called the induction idle plate. they said that every 30k miles the take it and clean off the carbon monoxide build up. on this induction idle plate. and on my transmission it turns out its some gasket that got torn and who ever torn it tryed to fix it with silicone. thats the reason the OD lite came on. so hopefully it wont need anymore done to it. so just an update on my truck. coming on here is really helpful. so i want to thank everyone for there input. i havent got my truck back yet. im hoping sometime today. once again thanks.

Carbon monoxide is a gas, it would not build up on a metal surface.

hi well i got my ST back at 3:30 and when i took it home i stopped by the store and on my way home my OD light came back on, so i pulled over and shut it down and let it reset its self. so i called ford back and told them that the OD lite came back on. so i took it back and they are going to put it back on the computer in the morning. im hoping its not something real serious. like needing a new transmission. well ill keep everyone posted.