Transmission problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Jones 3

Reaction score
I just bought an '02 Sport Trac with 93K miles and really enjoy it but when I stop some times and start to take off it acts like it is hung between gears or pumping up fluid then all of a sudden it takes off. It shifts and runs fine so if it dosen't quit all the way I guess I can live with it.LOL I have plenty of other vehicles to drive but really enjoy this one except for the mush suspension.

Oldado,

Do you know and trust the person you bought the truck from?

I ask because they might have gotten rid of it because the transmission was starting to go.

The ST transmission isn't the most bullet-proof. When it starts to go it often has a lurching problem as you describe.

DO NOT drive it this way for long.

Take the truck into a trusted mechanic that knows transmissions. Maybe you just need an adjustment, maybe worse.

TJR

There is a project in the "Project Section" about adjusting the Tac tranny. It may do what you need.

Some have gotten 100k miles others never made it pass 30k. Seems there is a inherent issues the the transmission that Ford installed in the Trac.

Latest posts