Transmission sticking in first to second!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Lance 2

Reaction score
This sucks....I almost get the trucked repoed. I save it and now the transmission sticks when I go into second gear.....!!!

I'm really hopeing nothing is major...My girls father re-builds Trans. he suggested putting in a bottle of lube guard to see if that helps. I hope so.....

Anyone else had this problem, with there ST? Any other suggestions would help-thanks!:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler, Auto or manual?... What do you mean sticks?? Engine flair? rough shift?

And most of the tranny additives don't work...

Todd Z

If it's a manual transmission you might have a linkage problem, or a bad syncronizer ring, or warn shift forks. It can also be cause by a worn clutch.

Please clarify what you mean by "Sticking"

...Rich

Hey...I just started feeling this same problem a few days ago. When accelerating and the truck goes to shift from first to second, I feel a stick...almost as though it's trying to shift to second, but falls back to first before shifting into second. I havent had it looked at yet...any ideas?

I think a slight adjustment of the EPC solenoid might fix the problem. Don't keep driving it. If something is slipping, you will burn the clutches causing it to require a complete rebuild.

Tom