Transmission

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Hays

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the part number of the 2004 Automatic transmission? Does $1900 to $2200 sound right for a new transmission (part only)? My transmission has been slipping for about 6 months now and I have had the fluid flushed and the filter replaced (It hasn't helped).

it is a 5r55e

Ebay has them for 800 bucks with a 2 year 24K mile warrenty...

Todd Z

Is your '04 out of warranty already ? If it is barely out of warranty, I would get a factory rep to look at it. I have done that on 2 other vehicles and got a free fix..

Travis, I have had a "newsed" tranny installed in my 01 ST that had the original tranny go bad at 116,000 miles. I got the "newsed tranny with 15,000 miles on it from New York Block Exchange (which is located in N.C or S.C, sorry, can't remember:unsure:) for $595 +$75.00 freight, and had it INSTALLED BY A LOCAL FORD DEALER (AT THE DEALERSHIP!) for $425 more. It was a "hand me the cash (after the install, even!) and I will get it done" type of deal with the service writer, who felt a little compassion for my dilemma, and he even gave me a 6 month warranty written by him and told me that it wouldn't be a problem if I had to come back for some problem. That was six months ago, and so far no problems. All totaled, it was around $1,000 vs $3300 that my dealer was gioing to charge me. Bottom line is: Check them out online and ask for "Z", he is the guy who sold it to me. It had a warranty of 12,000 miles from them. Not all of their trannies are this price, I just happened to find one with low mileage on it and didn't hesitate to buy it. I'm happy to this day. Once again, if you are interested in this, look up: New York Block Exchange. they have engines also, but look for the tranny link. Just a suggestionm but whatever you do, I hope you get it taken care of!:D

Are the new ones any better than the stock ones, or do we just cross our fingers and hope it doesnt start slipping too?