Transmission

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Get this I had some problems with reverse. So took it in.

At first he thought it might be the valve body but no.

The valve body would of cost about $950 to fix but I'm not that lucky

He dropped the whole tranny and it was the cracked center support which created a low pressure inside. So now he has to replace the clutch disks and torque converter too.

Now its gonna cast me about $2300 bucks...............but wait heres the ticker

My trac is a 2003 with only 41,000 miles on it. WTF?

Has anyone had any problems similar to this?

I'll tell you what this is my third Ford vehicle and my LAST!!!!!

Welcome to the ever growing and popular club of Ford owners who got sunk for major repairs between 36K miles and 60K miles. Seems to be the area that Ford likes because they seem to keep designing their cars and trucks to timebomb then. And, now with the 5 year 60K warranties expect Ford to go under in less than 3 years.

TJR

Many people with 04's had their trannys go......

Todd Z

with taht price might as well go with a remanufactured tranny. check out ebay or checout this website, www.powerdemon.com They got modified sport trac trannies that may do better than the stock ones.

My 27k '04 is just starting to "shudder" when shifting gears.

And sometimes when I slow down, say when a car in front makes a turn, upon acceleration there is an awful "rumble" or "shudder"...then the tranny seems to find the right gear and all is well again.

27k, still under warranty, what can I tell the Service Advisor at Ford - just in case I wind up with a lemon transmission after the warranty?

farout, I would just take it in and take the mechanic for a ride and hope it does it with them in the car. Then I would pray that they are competent and fix it without going around the issue. My dealer here is worthless and doesn't like to do any research to get the problem fixed. Good luck and keep us posted.;)

Latest posts