Truck stalls at low RPM, bogs down when gas applied

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Kerr

Reaction score
Having some trouble with my truck, wondered if the forum could help me out. My truck started stalling when I pressed the clutch or went out of gear. Every time I stopped it would stall and I would have to start it and apply a little gas to keep it from stalling. Then it started to bog down when I gave it gas while driving and the more I pressed the pedal the more it would bog down, almost like I was applying the breaks. Checked the codes and its throwing 0135 1131 (both of which Ive had forever) and a new code, 1401 (DPFE High Voltage). I figured it must be the DPFE sensor so I changed it. No difference, still have the same problem. Now I noticed today while testing it it was idling high, above 2000. Any ideas?

P0135 O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 1

P1131 Insuff, switching O2 bank 1 sensor 1 sensor/lean

Sort of the same problem with my Gen2, so today I put a clean K&N filter on and cleaned the Mass Airflow Sensor and WALLA!! Runs great(still gonna change the plugs Wednesday). just my experience, BC

Im going to look up the proceedures for troubleshooting the IAC and TPS. I dont hear any vacuum leaks, its not the hose by the PCV valve, I replaced that not too long ago. Also it sometimes idles fine but as soon as I try to drive and give it gas the truck actually slows down and the engine feels like it is the one slowing it. There is also a funny smell. Anyone think that bad O2 sensor could cause such a large problem?

I got those same issues a few weeks back. I got misfiring codes as well as a O2 sensor code.

I changed the PCV hose elbow and that didn't fix it. I thrn changed the O2 sensors and it is running better than it has in a long time. I think both of these really helped.

Joseymack

I tested the TPS and its giving the right voltage so I dont think its that. I reset the computer and now I was able to drive the truck a couple of miles and the CEL has not come back on yet. I still dont trust it to get me to work so I'll drive it around this weekend and see what happens.

Latest posts