True Cold Air intake Installed !!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Well After helping Paul throw his together, I researched and got some other parts and took a second shot at it. Mine is finalized and I think it is a good deal...

I may find a different filter so I don't need an adapter and I am going to cover my filter with my outerwear's water wrap....

Whatcha think ???

EDIT: yes I know I need one more black coupler, I ran out.... LOL

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich,

I went with a bigger filter for that reason and the air into the fender comes from (20% or so)the fog light area and (80%) also from the back of the fender where the door hinges are...

Plenty of cold air flow....

Todd Z

Nice.

How difficult/easy is it to remove/install the filter? (It's dark out right now or I would go look myself.)

Good Job. It doesn't look like you tried to cut corners. Also,the parts and install are intriguing.

Are you going to be selling the parts?

looks good man. had fun installing it with ya today.

cant wait to finish up my rough in. filter on the way and

tubing is going to be painted and hole going to cleaned up a bit.

look for a project soon on these guys!!!!

paul h

Thanks guys, And yes, thanks Paul for the help yesterday...

BLERT - The inner fender well is removed by 4 screws, not to hard to get to, but by the cleanliness of the inside of the fender, i doubt i will be in there but every 20K miles or so...

Snooze, Every MAF is different, I could make a basic kit that would include everything needed based on the MAF ( would need 2 kits)

I think the cost would be around $100.00 or so for it...

Todd Z

Todd, What filter did you go with. I installed the A.E.M. dry air filter in the 9 inch length.More filter area and get the size you need from 2 1/4 inch neck to 6 inch neck. They are a little less than 50 dollars right now and 10.00 for the cleaning kit._Ron

That looks really good Todd, good job!!!!

Are you changing the color to green, like almost everything else on your ST?

How difficult was to cut all areas to make suxh a perfect fit?

Jose:)

Todd, with this mod, have you measured IATs at various vehicle speeds? If so, how do they compare to those with just a cone filter in the engine bay?

Thanks ....

Al, I emailed you as well,

There is a post we did on pauls truck with good numbers...

Roughed in my true cold air intake today. All I needed was a small piece of 3 inch intake tube with a small turn on it, a Spectra low profile filter and a hole saw to drill the hole.

Todd and I data logged the truck's intake temps before and after.

Out side temp 43 F

Before: Idle and taking off - 90-95 degrees F Cruising - 65-85

After: Idle and taking off - 70-80 degrees F Cruising - 50-55

The temps were more constant and there was not such a wide range between the two after the cold air......

Todd Z

Latest posts