Trying out premium octane tune on XCal2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
I'm about to try the premium octane performance tune on my XCal2 and I'm wondering if it is necessary to unplug the battery afterwards? I never did after the first flash with the regular octane performance tune and as far as I can tell it works great. Just curious.

No you don't have to. I run my 93 octane performance tune all the time and it feels awesome! It's worth the extra few cents a gallon.

Nope, it's fine. You think that one's fun have Wayne send you a "race" tune. I use that one at the track, lol.

Yep, I just flashed at the gas station before I filled up with 91 Octane. I'm gonna have a fuzzy feeling driving my Trac the next few hundred miles. The Trac flies at WOT, but it was doing this already with the regular octane tune. :D

Ain't that the sorry truth!? I feel like such a hyporcrite after getting all these mods to improve mileage but I end up being heavy on the gas around town and open highways just for the feel of it. Nobody warned me of this side-effect. Shame on you all!!!

I still have my full race tune in the truck for the street.... what a cool rush being able to leave 2 gears of rubber from any light...HAHAHAHA :cool:

Todd Z

Be careful...extra performance has many side effects...such as craving even HIGHER performance...

Next thing you know, you'll be supercharging your trac...

That's when the fun REALLY begins. ;)

lol, the supercharger has cast its spell on Larry already...and he didn't even get to feel the full effect!

I went and drove a Pontiac GTO today. Wow those things are quick. They don't quite have the "sleeper" effect that the trac does though. Kids in "fast" cars usually look pretty dumbfounded when they finally catch up to me at the next stoplight. hehe

Yep, actually, just stuffing my engine into YOUR trac would easily make it the coolest trac around. There really wouldn't be many vehicles around that could compete with it on the road, and none would be as asthetically COOL. Ford should take some hints from you with the new adrenaline.

lol, yeah, it would probably be more logical for him to just get the supercharger. ;)

His trac will be nearly impossible to catch on a curvy road with the supercharger. I may have one of the fastest tracs, but he would be able to smoke me on any road with a couple of curves.

Baron,

Any updates for us??

Todd Z

Larry,

If you really want to complete your suspension, get an Addco 1 1/2" front bar. Trust me. You will be impressed.

Tom