TSB 07-23-02A

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Allen

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, just an update on the 07 Tranny. I just picked my track up from Service and this is what it states under "CAUSE:"

CAUSE: 19706 RECAL CODE 04 072302A .9 REFLASH SOFTWARE AS PER TSB, CLEAR TCM KAM PERFORM ADAPTIVE ROAD TEST TO ESTABLISH BASE FOR SHIFT QUALITY

So far there has been a noticeable difference, or it could just be that it just hit -20C with snow so the AUTO 4WD is on almost all the time. I wish the Auto 4WD wasn't so sensitive.

The latest TSB that was downloaded to my '07 V8 from my Ford dealer was released on Nov. 6, 2007. I don't have the number. My '07 V* has managed to "unlearn" all the earlier TSB's so I will wait and see about this one.

FYI...there are 35 TBS's on the 07 ST, unless more came out after 11/23/07,

thanks to my (Ford guy ):wub: i have a list.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I keep seeing all this talk of these Tranny TSB's - am I correct that these are just for the 07' V8's? Are there any for the 07' V6 Tracs?

What kind of improvements can i expect when i bring my St in for this!?!!? Please tell me it will shift faster i.e. faster more presise down shifts!

I've had zero TSBs done. I wonder what makes mine different. I haven't touched the tranny in any way.

Ford is now nipping at the heals of Toyota with reliability and quality. That is what CR says...Ford really went downhill.

I will take my unreliable, poorly built, low quality 2002 Trac.

She just keeps on running.

Tom

I've had almost every TSB done so far, I'd have to say this latest one has shown the greatest improvement! When I hesitate for the harsh shift it does not happen!!

tom,

the real world knows that ford is nowhere near toyota in reliability and quality. my fleet experience has proven it with toyota's superior maintenance and resale issue's.

07 Ltd, 4x4, V8. Had the TSB done that Lil Red posted in June/July 07. Has run great since. Actually, it shifted fine before that (Dingo), but I wanted the TSB because of startup idle speed and a/c. I now drive the ST 3 days a week interstate, 75 miles per day. Other days are just around town. My ST was an early one, as we bought off the lot in June 06' (couldn't wait). It doesn't have the power rear window, that must be it (does have the moonroof though).

Also, 11,000 miles, Michelins are in great shape.

But, mileage is 18+, unless i cheat and reset while I'm on the interstate, then I get 22+ (which I wonder if what the "high mileage" post people are doing:angry:).

Special note, my Trac had an official Ford note attached stating the factory had tested it on their track, hence the 50+ miles already on it. Never seen that before.

Go figure....

re: TSB 07-23-02A by Roc star,11/30/2007 00:21 ET

What kind of improvements can i expect when i bring my St in for this!?!!? Please tell me it will shift faster i.e. faster more presise down shifts!

Latest posts