TSB - Service

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Allen

Reaction score
I'm taking my ST in for an oil change. I had a couple questions I was hoping some of you may be able to help me out with...

1) I have "Tires for life" but I have a sloooow leak in my front passengers side, will they repair it for free or do you think they will find some way to declare it as abnormal wear and tear?

2) Does anyone know what the latest TSB is? I'd like to get that done at the same time.

Thanks a bunch!

Rob A,

Latest TSB for what?

Do you have a specific problem or symptom you need diagnosed?

If not, then knowing about latest TSB(s) will only turn you into a hypochondri-trak ;).

TJR

If your truck is running fine, I wouldn't have them run any TSB on it in case they should mess something up that isn't broke.

As far as the tire leaking, the dealer would charge you more to fix it than taking to a reg tire place such as Goodyear, etc.

Tires For Life is a program they had when I bought my truck, they would replace all my tire when they hit a certain point of ware free of charge. Only stipulation is I pay 5 times the amount of new tires by having my vehicle serviced at the dealership.

I should have been more clear on the TSB. I remember reading something about hearing a clung inside the cab when in defrost or something to that effect. I think it had something to do with the AC Compressor. Also it shifts a heck of a lot better after a TSB I had about a year ago but I still feel there is room for improvement. I think it's ironic how the salesman pointed out how smooth it shifted during my test drive.

Yeah, there is a TSB for the 'clunking' of the AC compressor.

I haven't had any TSB's done on mine yet, the battery thingie fixed any of the issues I was having with my tranny.

Rob, is the tires for life a contract your locked into? I could see how that could get expensive. Unless your hard on tires Like Dingo..:huh::)

Fast E. Not locked into a contract, just part of the agreement. If I have my service work done at Ford they will issue me tires for life.

The trick with that is, if you don't follow their suggested maintenance, it voids the agreement. We don't offer that kind of program here, as far as I know.

A TSB is a technical service bulletin...not a recall

A Safety recall will be repaired ANY time you visit a stealership. I work at one, and we get in trouble by ford if we let one go without doing the recall...

A tsb on the other hand, is just like a refrence...It basically just states that XXX number of technicians have fixed the same problem and part ## was the culprit. It keeps the technician from searching for the problem all day and they check out the common problem part first

Gregg