TT and shackle........Warranty?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy GreeneII

Reaction score
Wondering what part of the warranty will the lift cancel out? For some reason, I thought i'd read something about suspension voiding THE warranty but not sure. I guess shocks alone wont since they're wear and tear but again, clueless. Thanks guys.

Probably not. In many cases the dealer never noticed mods I did. The MAY deny a claim related to a modification, but if for example the radio breaks they can't deny that because of the TT/shackles.

I can let you know more next week when I take it in for noisy ball joints at 11k. :lol:

I had done the same on my Ranger and the left side ball joints went bad at less than 20k, the dealer never said a word and just replaced them.

It should not void any part of the warranty unless the TT/Shackle lift can be found to be the cause of the problem.

Things like a broken torsion bar would understandably not be covered. Lifting the vehicle more than an inch or two is bit harder on the brakes, but there is no warranty beyond the first year or 12K miles anyway.

...Rich

Latest posts