TT done!! with pic!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan betts

Reaction score
finally did my torsion twist last night. i can say that i am very pleased with the results and it was a pretty simple procedure to do. it does ride stiffer but my tires do not rub any more which is nice. but i am wondering if i get new shocks do i need to get longer ones or do i still get the standard sized shock?? I'm going to stick with just the TT lift and not do the shackle lift because now the trac is leveled out (for the most part) and i don't really like it when the rear is higher than the front.

pic...[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks Great, body lifts seem to look good on STs as compared to some other vehicles that make you say YUCK :fire: I have read on this site that with a TT you may have problems with your rubber bushings on the ends of your sway bar and your front shocks being pulled through. :banana: :supercool: :kiss_it: Dave

Most people say they run stock length shocks but I've gone through three sets of upper bushings on the front shocks on mine so I'm going to get superlift 3-4" lift shocks for $36 each. Make sure you lengthen the sway bar endlinks the same height as the TT to level out the sway bar. What size wheels/ tires are those, offset, width, they look sweet with the lift!!!

BrianR, he did a body lift too but it looks like they might be 32" tires which will give it a more lifted look since there's more wheelwell exposed. I really like the Cragar Soft 8's on it, they're pretty cheap too depending on what size you get.

:banana::driving::haveabeer::supercool:

thanks guys, she's come a long way from when i got her with a topper and a newspaper rack in the bed lol. the tires are 305/70/16 not sure what the off set on the rims are though.

good suggestion on the rancho shocks for torsion lifts Dan ill def look into getting those. i wasnt too sure on the color at first but i've def come to like it though!

Those are 305/70/16's???? I need you to measure the rims to see what size and backspacing is on them to make them fit, Thanks. I'd like to run that size istead of my 285/75/16's because their a bitch to find in stock. If you get a chance to take a tape measure out real quick and measure the rim width and backspacing that would be awesome !!!

:haveabeer::supercool:

yep they are 305/70, had to do a good amount of trimming when i first got them on. ill try and measure them tonight or tomorrow. not sure how id measure the backspacing though. you'll have to enlighten me on that one.

Since the rims are on the truck you can just measure the offset which is the front of the rim's depth. Whatever the width of the rim is subtract what you measure from the offset. Take a flat edge and a tape measure, place flat edge across front of rim, from the hub measure out to flat edge, the total width of the rim minus that measurement will give you the backspacking. Also how high did you do the TT? Thanks for doing this, I know others would love to fit a bigger size tire then the 285's.

Latest posts