TT help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, so I have 265/75/16 All-Terrains on my Sport Trac. I am happy with the way it looks and everything, but when I make a sharp left turn, the tires rub. I figured that a TT would be a good idea, and not being too mechanically inclined, I thought it would be a good idea to take it somewhere. All I really want is for the truck to looked leveled and for the tires not to rub. I have already asked Sears and they refused. I mentioned it at the Ford dealer and all they could tell me is that a leveling kit for the Sport Trac is not made. A local shop didn't really know what I was talking about. Any ideas on where were be a good place to take this and how much it would cost?

Thanks.

The term "TT" may be the stumbling block.

You will need to ask them to adjust the torsion bars to achieve maximum front ride height.

They will need to align the truck after the adjustment is made.

If you are rubbing on the front sway bar no lift will stop that if you are rubbing on body parts doing the (torsion twist) TT will fix.

Just put a jack under the front of the truck and lift the tires off the ground. Then crawl under it and tighten the torsion bolts it is SUPER DUPER EASY!!!!!

If you can turn a wrench and know tighten from loosening you can do this TT project. It IS that simple. You don't need to pay someone to do this. Again, IT IS EASY!

Have you determined where the rubbing is coming from? It might be the inside liner area and you can just trim it to eliminate the rubbing.

lefty losey, righty tighty. i have the same deal, its just does alil bit of rubbing on the inner wheel well liner.

Thanks alot everyone. I'm not sure exactly where it is rubbing, that I'll have to check. It rubs a bit on the back passenger tire, but i figure i can do some trimming there.

Thanks again.

Latest posts