TT Shackle Lift on 03

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrlunchbox

Reaction score
So, I am seriously thinking of doing a TT and shackle lift for my ST. I do have a few questions though. Where can I get the parts I would need and how much is overall cost? (just a ballpark) What other mods do you recommend with a TT/Shackle lift? How many here have done it themselves and who sent it out? I assume a "speed" shop does stuff like that? Thanks all for the help! :banana:

any parts store (autozone, pepboys, A&A, ..., etc.) will have a set of shackles for around $15, but warrior products has a good set (#153) that you could payaround $70. they will be sturdier, and less prone to breaking and swaying. As for the torsion twist its free except for the alignment. Dont go over 2in.

To go along with it bigger tires, body lift, new shocks,

Do a search in the projects section for Nate's lift

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Warrior Products makes the shackles part #153 from Tellico.com for $76 shipped and the TT is free just make sure you measure before and after to make sure of equal lift on both sides. If I had the money I wouldve done the leveling torsion keys because the TT does make the front pretty stiff. I did the TT and didn't do an allignment and haven't had any issues with tire wear or anything. Both jobs are really easy.

The torsion keys will affect your ride the same as doing the TT. You're not increasing any spring (or torsion) rates, you're simply changing the orientation of the lower control arm to the ground. By increasing the angle of the LCA to the ground, you're reducing the leverage on your torsion bar, which makes it harder for your suspension to cycle, although the actual spring rate has not changed.

Lowering a ST with a TT has the opposite effect, actually making the ride softer, although the shortened suspension travel and typical lower profile tires used on lowered vehicles sort of negates the effect.

Latest posts