TT/Shackles & 3" PA body kit: Do I need to align?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Colleagues, a mechanic is doing the torsion twist, shackles, and 3" body kit for my 2001 ST. My question is, do I have to do an alignment right after or it is only if needed?

Thanks in advance, JD.

Usually after doing any work with the torsion bars an alignment should be performed. I would recommend it, especially if you want to keep your tires in good shape.

TT will throw off the camber and toe-in a little so you should get it aligned. The shop I go to only charged me $10 over a regular alignment to turn the torsion bars up.

I know body lift kits are fairly inexpensive.. i was thinking about doing this modification to my trac aswell after doing a TT/Shackle lift.

My question to you is how much is the labor to have a bodylift kit installed?

Thank you all for the responses.

Adam, I bought the parts (shackles and body lift kit) and with a torsion twist as well my mechanic is charging me $400. I don't think it is bad.

Adam, the bumper brackets that came with the kit do not match the 2001 ST, so my mechanic hasn't been able to finish my truck. I called my vendor and they are going to ship me the correct ones (hopefully).

JD, that is a good price. Place around me wanted $550 plus tax to install my kit, plus I had to buy it from them which was about $100 more than what I ended up paying for it. So I went for it and did it myself with some help from a friend. Took us every bit of 20+ hours, but saved me over $600 in the long run.

Latest posts