Tuner today...question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy GreeneII

Reaction score
So I got my tuner today and its great but after my first drive, it felt like the intake wasn't gettin as much air, well took it out again and now Im pretty sure its not, the tuner works!!! that's for sure, but it just seems like the air is a little bit restrictive. When I got the intake once change was that when I get out of the truck the cats ping like crazy, this im told is totally normal, moving so much more air through them, now they're quiet again. I emailed Wayne and he will without question get back to me but Im wondering if anyone has any input. I think if an adjustment can be made to allow the same amount in, its going to be even crazier! thanks guys, I appreciate all input.

Volant without the box, and removed the baffle plate, it seemed like it was breathing a lot better before the tune. Im sure it can be fixed but im clueless

Tuner can't affect the amount of air...that is soley dependent on throttle position and intake/exhaust restriction level [all pipes have some resistance to air flow]. Tuner can effect the amount of fuel delivered and timing which will effect the perception of "How much air". Thing to ask; is the performance better, same or worse than stock program.

Latest posts