Turn Signal Stopped working

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This last year was an eventful year for my little blue sport trac....

2003 with 109,000 miles on it.

First I thought I was having front brakes go bad, well they were...along with drivers side front wheel bearings....Then check engine light, it was a vacuum leak...

Today, we replaced my rear brakes and rotors...lucky I have my dad.

Now my left turn signal stopped working.

It would work when the wheel was not tilted, now it stopped even then.

Anyone else have this happen to their trac?

I know I need to replace my temperature sensor, so my nice check engine light will go off, but the brakes were my main priority.

:smile0005:

Common wiring problem in the steering column...... need to take the column cover off and fix the wire..

Todd Z

If he can do wiring he should be able to fix..

Todd Z

I am starting to wonder if my inoperable horn is due to this. I thought that it stemmed from my overly sensitive dealer-installed Ford alarm system. My horns were getting weaker before they quit altogether.

I replaced the horns themselves along with the relay.

mine was doing the same thing a couple months ago the harness in the column is week. If you use your tilt alot if will wear on it and the little pins in the harness break. My buddy owns a steering column repair shop so i called and ask him and he knew all about it. I took the column covers off and he showed up with a used one he had laying around. I think it took him 20 minutes at most to fix. He told me that if i would of had to get the harness from ford it would have been close to $100.