Turn Signal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my truck has been saying "Rear Signal Light" (or something to that effect). The right rear turn signal has been acting up. The signal will flash very quickly. But only the right rear one. The left one is fine. But it will doit one day, be fine the next day. I took it into Ford, on the way there it was acting up. I get it to Ford and it is fine. They checked the bulb and look at it, they said it was all good. Now when I left work Friday night it started acting up again. I was planning on taking it in tomorrow morning, but now it is fine. Any suggestions?

My 07 does the exact some thing every once in a while, except it is the left rear turn lamp. After I turn off the ignition and start it back up everything is fine. My traction control light comes on frequently as well (solid amber) - again it will stay on until I shut off the truck...

My dealer won't look at it unless the indicators are on so I haven't taken it in yet.

it is more likely to be your bulbs

one migth be out causin a shortage like this, makin turn signals flash rapidly

this happend to me awhile back

notthin to big..so dont worry about it

If you have the tilt steering wheel, have you tried checking your turn signal operation while adjusting your tilt to each individual setting. I found that my (FEST 03) left signal would sometimes flash quickly and not operate the rear light. Many light bulbs, and curses, etc. (and even a $100+ service bill after being told it was the switch) later, I found that this is a common problem with FEST. The turn signals work fine when my wheel tilt is in the "normal" area of operation, but left one won't work in the extreme low setting. If this is your problem, I gather from what I've read on this forum that there doesn't seem to be much of anything you can do about it - hard to believe that a defective item like this hasn't had a fix by Ford. Has anyone on the forum addressed Ford about it and gotten anything like a reply/apology - or did they just say "tough sh#%&*@t/

Latest posts