Turned in my Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Well after 4 years my lease on my 05 was up, and I decided to get our early and find another vehicle.

After not really wanting another pick up, I decided to go for a little more fun in my choice and bought an 08 Jeep Wrangler Limited-Unlimited in the Jeep Green. 2 tops, great stereo and a few other toys made my decision for me. In all honesty the Trac drove great for the 4 years, put 135,000 km's on it and no real problems.

Happy Holidays to you guys, and thanks for all the advice you have given me for the few times I asked q's on here! Enjoy your rides!

I personally think the Wranglers are the best Jeep. Nice choice. Don't be a stranger, still come around time to time.

Im suprised that the dealers arent making deals you cant refuse. Instead of taking back a lease they may have a hard time moving. I have had freinds try to get the dealers to accept offers on suv's and trucks, lately. The dealers have been hard headed. Wont budge.

When I spoke to my Ford dealer he was offering me incentives to take out another year of the lease, or get me into something else. In the end the buyout on the truck was too high for what is was worth so I decided on the change.

And yeah Al, I hear they are great as well, so looking forward to it. There are a pretty basic vehicle, but I got a steal of a deal on this thing, and the Limited Edition is of extra value that I really didn't pay for. I'll be sure to peak back on forth on here as well!

yes Rodger, got the 4 Door Wrangler. Picked up the Limited Unlimited Edition which offers Leather Seats, 6 Disc changer, chrome ascents on exhaust tip, interior, and Jeep chrome emobssing on front door floors. Big sucka 255/70/18's on these as well. I noticed that the ride in snow/ice is same as my Trac in that 4hi is needed, and even better if I wanted would be to put snows on. Don't think I need to, but I'll see how I do this winter.

Got a great deal on a Demo with low kilometres, so add that to the 7,000 that Chrysler and the other big 3 are offering, got a great deal. They also bought me out of my final 3 months lease and paid my over mileage. All for a demo....couldn't resist, and will love the convertible feeling in the summer. Will miss my Trac though as I had little wrong with it!

Latest posts