Turtle Wax Ice

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today I waxed my ST using the TurlteWax Ice Liquid Clay Bar and Polish. When I was finished it was very smooth, except I could still feel the contaminates on the paint. I whipped out the Meguire's clay bar and rewaxed with the Gold Class. It felt MUCH better after that.

My point: Ice doesn't hold a candle to Meguire's. It might be good for between waxes, but it is no substitute.

I use nothing but Maguires stuff, I am very happy with it....

Todd Z

Durability, smoothness, etc: Jeff's Werkstatt.

I did the entire detail, using a PC 7424 polisher, sealed with Werkstatt in August. Since then, it's been washed in tunnel washes, off-roaded, snowed on, rained on, etc.

I took these last week when I came back to the Trac. It was snowing, but the hood melted the snow.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Liquid clay bar is nothing more than a very, very, very light abrasiveness polish. In other words, it's garbage for taking anything but old wax off (if that). In addition, use Meguiars and Turtle Wax if you want to wax every few weeks. Use a true sealant (Klasse, Zaino, Werkstatt, etc.) if you want to seal it for months/seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meguier's # 26 Yellow, twice a year, for ease of application and bringing out the color IMO. But whatever works for your application and detail level is best.

AdamCKach...I'll have to say those photos are pretty impressive showing the sealant's durability.

Gary
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it is good for the water to bead, But isn't it better if the was was to repel or shed the water so when the water drys it doesn't leave dirt and deposits on the truck ??

Todd Z

Latest posts