Typical Gas Price Thread

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fudged Undies

Reaction score
Not necessarily complaining, more of a comment. Saw the first couple of gas stations hitting the $4 mark for regular. Not the local average..... yet. Average is still around $3.83 from what I see daily. I wonder how much uglier this will get?

I saw $3.99.9 out here too. As you said it is not the average yet.

Our govt. is definately out of alignment with our Constitution. Today it is not "of the People, by the people; for the people". Over the last 40-50 yrs. our govt. (run by big business) has twisted it into "of the govt.; by the govt.; for the govt.".

Wouldn't it be interesting if no one went to the polls to vote.

I was just looking at Gasbuddy.com.... I found this on their website...

typically gasbuddy.com is not into rip off gimmicks and from the read of this product it's been around CA since around the 70's...

I'd like to try the product out for the big trip just to see if it will increase the mpg. (I sent the link to Ford guy because he drives 18 miles one way to work) 1 oz to ever 10 gals of gas is all that is needed.

The company itself is giving 4-four free gas certificates that can be used at 22 different gas station/companies (Not just shell or exxon or mobile. there are other ones) t o test out their product.

If it works and can save 80 cents on the gallon... woohoo! that's would be a huge HELP to everyone.

gas here in PA NW area is running about 3.85...

here is the link on this product.

gas is not running about 8.85 A GAL here..LOL I corrected that 8 with a 3!

Last edited by a moderator:
Prices vary about $.40 here at stations down the street from each other. I filled up last night paying $3.69 for premium, but I did my research on GasBuddy.com first before we went out to dinner, filled up on the way, and just missed getting to the $70 mark. Before last night, the last time I filled up was 04/29...

The Arco station down the street from me this morning - $3.89/gal. Planning on an RV outing for Memorial Day weekend. MY '06 Fleetwood Southwind has an 80 gal tank.

Nooooooooo! Gonna cost me $311 + for a tank. And it's only going to get worse.

Legal Disclaimer:

* Gas savings and emissions savings with Ethos vary and are different from car to car and your driving habits. example: (Whether you have an aggressive or more passive foot on the gas pedal.

They talk about the product as if the government has checked it out. I did not see any links on their web page to proove their claim.

Well guys, sorry to burst your bubble here, but i am paying 5.16 a gallon and have been for a couple weeks. Its been about 4 dollars for about 18 months now. We here in Canada have been getting screwed for years.

It is almost worth a trip to the states just for gas

P.S. At one point a couple weeks ago diesel was 5.56 a gallon.

Well Brant, you gotta pay for that standardized health care somehow right?

It was $3.899 this morning, ant it took just over $80 to fill up.

I know there are other sites out there, but here's one where you can check your local gas prices where you live or someplace else

I just realized, another $.50 here, and beer will officially be cheaper than gas! (granted it's Keystone, but still!)

Write your Senators and Representatives and tell them to allow drilling for the stuff wherever it is found. You may also want to explain how the law of supply and demand works.

List of Senators below:

Fast E, (about that product) According to their site, the State of Ca made oil/gas companies come up with a solution for Pollution problems in CA due to gas/fuel. apparently, this company in business for 10 yrs had the answer, (the product itself has been around longer)

From what I read, on the State of CA's epa site, special blends (different from other states) are sold in CA due to pollution issues from the 70's. Granted all states have blends that contoll pollution, but in CA's case, after being fined several times over ...gave the oil/gas companies the 2 yrs to fix the problem or not be in business in CA.

That's how this product came about.

I can't find any data on the net that denys the companies claiim. Everything (so far, as I am still researching it) that companies, businesses, regular people using this to test it. Says it works.

I don't know that it does. But wouldn't it be cool if it really does help with MPG as well at the Pollution? :) that was my only real point. :)

Most senators and congressman have a budget of $1,000 a month for a car. Most lease luxury vehicles. Furthermore, most of them don't buy their own gas out of their own pocket, they get "free gas" as an expense item.

So, feel free to write to your senators and congressman, but they are pretty much out of touch on this problem.

TJR