U-Haul hitch pic request.... Chad or Jerry Gerner?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Long

Reaction score
Could someone post up a "good" pic of their U-Haul hitch from the rear of the truck, so you can see how it hangs below the bumper? Chad, Jerry, I know you both mentioned you had them....;)

I know the other hitch thread was getting pretty long and many may have abandoned it already, so hopefully this will get a response.

Please, no comments regarding U-Haul, we are all aware of their business practices regarding our trucks. If you don't have a pic for the post, you're not helping me.:rolleyes::D

This what I had on my 01

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
here's mine on my 2003 ST XLT body lifted (gap) between bumper and hitch[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks Jerry! I got scared for a second when I saw your pics, then I remembered (and noticed the text under the last pic) that you have a body lift.:cool:

Rodger, please see my first post.:rolleyes::)

Tom,

We have made 4 cross country trips (about 10,000 miles each) and never had any issues with the bikes on the front of the ST. I do remove the seats to give which gives me an unobstructed view. The handle bars are far enough to the right of my field of view as to not be a problem either. I have also traveled locally with the bikes on the front and never been stopped.

Tom,

Yes, the TrailManor tows as advertised . . . not affected by wind or fast passing semis! The long wheel base of the ST makes for a very stable towing experience with a TM - no sway control needed, but do need a weight distributing hitch system. I have spreadsheets for two of the four winter trips to the southwest. I can send you copies via email if you like. In '07 - '08 towing from Western MA to Tucson, AZ averaged 15.45 mpg; driving in the Tucson area (not towing) averaged 21 mpg; the entire trip (some towing, some not) averaged 16.91 mpg. In '08 - '09 towing from Western MA to Tucson, AZ averaged 14.29 mpg; driving in the Tucson area (not towing) averaged 21 mpg; the entire trip (some towing, some not) averaged 15.93 mpg. I attribute the difference between the two years to more stations (especially out west) carrying 10% ethanol gasoline.

My parents have a Trail Manor as well. They like it but it is their first camper and now they want to upgrade to something bigger. They live and work from it permanently when on out of town assignments. My moms only complaint is the bathroom shower or lack thereof.

I got my hitch yesterday!! I ordered it the night of 7/12, it showed up yesterday on 7/15. Free shipping, no sales tax, $134.95 total. I must say I'm very happy with the service. As a side note, the hitch is actually made by Valley and comes in a Valley box, although it had a U-Haul logo sticker on it (which I peeled off along with the towing info sticker). Now I just have to install it in my hotel's parking lot one morning before it gets too hot, as it's 103 degrees here in Texas right now....:blink:

I just did a search for the same hitch I received, only using the Valley part number, the cheapest I could find was $151 and I don't think that included shipping. It was also from a company in Dallas, TX, so I would have had to pay sales tax. The funny thing is that my hitch was shipped from a 3rd party distributor rather than U-Haul themselves, and it also came from Dallas. It might be the same store, but I don't remember the exact company name.